I had the good fortune this afternoon of tuning in to “All in a Day” on CBC Radio One. I’m a big fan of the program, and the host, Alan Neal. Today, he had a wine panel on to discuss summer wines. Unfortunately, I came in half way through the program, so I can’t tell you much about the sommeliers that were on to share their opinions. However, after visiting the All in a Day website, I see that this is an ongoing feature, and that the recommended wines tend to be $13 or under, which definitely piqued my interest.
We have recently amassed almost $100 in gift cards to the LCBO (what can I say, our friends know exactly what to buy us), and have decided to put some of that to good use and try out these wines. Hopefully there will still be all 6 of these available at the LCBO after the region heard about these picks today!
Here is what the panel recommended:
- White: Cono Sur Viognier (Chile) $9.95
- Rosé: MASI Modello Rosato (Italy) $10.95
- Red: Antonin Rodet Cotes du Rhone (France) $12.95
- White: Grooner Gruner Veltliner (Austria) $13.30
- Rosé: The Beach House Rosé (South Africa) $9.95
- Red: Santa Carolina Reserva Carmenere (Chile) $11.95
The plan is to buy all 6 and report back over the course of the summer. I’m headed to the LCBO tomorrow in an attempt to beat other CBC Radio fans to the punch. Stay tuned for some summer wine reviews!