This has to be the easiest dessert I make. We always seem to have frozen fruit hanging around for smoothies, and everything else is waiting in my baking drawer. I don’t really have a recipe, I just like to eyeball things, and it always tastes great. The key is to put the crumble on the top and bottom, so the fruit is sandwiched between layers of sweet buttery oats.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Soften 1 stick of butter in a bowl. Add 2 large spoonfuls of flour, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 or 2 cups rolled oats and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. Crumble all ingredients together, if it’s too buttery, add more oats.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of an oven safe dish.
- Spread a few cups of frozen berries over this layer.
- Sprinkle the last of the oat mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
Simple, comforting, hearty, great for breakfast the next day. This is one dessert I am happy to make again and again.